The territory of Ghandruk is the community of gurung. Ghandruk, the well-known town of Gurung, north-west of Pokhara, a lakeside town. It can be reached in one day, after a brief drive from the town, a 4 to 5 hours…
- Trip Outline
- Cost Includes
- Cost Excludes
The territory of Ghandruk is the community of gurung. Ghandruk, the well-known town of Gurung, north-west of Pokhara, a lakeside town. It can be reached in one day, after a brief drive from the town, a 4 to 5 hours walk. Based on the well-known path that leads to Annapurna shrine or the Annapurna Base Camp (also known by hiking traffic as’ ABC’), the tiny town is known as the most visited hiking region in Nepal. It is the lovely place where you see a museum, Buddhist monastery, the number of slate roofed buildings.
No details found.
Drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara.
Drive from Pokhara to Phedi and trek from Phedi to Pothan From here you begin your trek to Pothana. The trail ascends all the way to Pothana through forests till you reach the village called Dhampus. It is a Gurung village which gives you an opportunity to look at the magnificent views of Annapurna ranges, Lamjung Himal and Manaslu. The ascent trail follows to Pothana through the forests. This is a small village which is surrounded by forests having marvelous mountain views.
Trek from Pothana to Ghandruk which takes about six hours.
Trek from Ghandruk to Nayapul via Birethanti takes about 5 hours. This day you descend through Kimshe to Shaulo Bazaar. From here your trail goes quite flat until you retrace back to Birethanti. You need to walk almost half an hour to get to Nayapul. Drive from Nayapul to Pokhara.
Drive from Pokhara to Kathmandu While driving from Pokhara to Kathmandu, you head up to Damauli, Dumre, Muglin and Kurintar where the Nepal’s first Cable car is operated to reach to Manakamana Temple. En route, you can enjoy the mountain views, green sceneries, rice terrace fields, vegetable fields and people engaged in their daily life activities. From Naubishe you climb up to Thankot, the gateway to capital city. You can also fly from Pokhara to Kathmandu which takes approximately 25 minutes.
Included in the charge
• Airport/hotel/ airport pickup drop and local transfers
• Sightseeing/tour in Kathmandu with English speaking culture guide
• Accommodation in a 3-star label hotel in Kathmandu with breakfast
• Basic guesthouse accommodation during trekking in the mountains: everyday breakfast, lunch, and dinner during the trek
• All ground transportation as per the program by private/local vehicles
• All necessary trekking staff with experienced guide/leader, assistant guide/sherpa and porters to carry luggage (2 trekkers:1 porter) including their salary, insurance, equipment, transport, lodging, and foodstuff.
• All our government taxes (tourist service charge & vat) and office expenses
• All required paper works; trekking permits or special permit
• Welcome and goodbye dinner
• Limited medical kit bag
Not included in the cost
• International airfare
• Nepal visa fee (bring perfect USD cash and two passport photographs)
• If extra night accommodation in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure, early return from mountain (due to any reason) than the programmed itinerary.
• Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu (and also in the case of early return from the trek than the scheduled itinerary)
• Travel and rescue insurance
• Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, battery recharge, extra porters, all kinds of beverages, bottle or bar bills boiled water, shower, heater, etc.)
• Optional trips and sightseeing if extended
• Tips for the trekking and tour staff (guides, porters and driver) note: tipping are expected
No Details Found