Honey Hunting is exclusively a traditional activity practiced by ethnic Gurung community of Nepal. Honey hunting is so rare and unique that it still remains an isolated event carried out and observed only in few, remote places of Nepal.
- Trip Outline
- Cost Includes
- Cost Excludes
Honey Hunting is a traditional ethnic Gurung in Nepal alone. Sweet hunting (wild babe fishing tour ) is so characteristic that an isolated event. This activity remains only in a few remote places in Nepal. In Lamjung, northwest of Kathmandu, Ghalegaun is among the nearest hunting locations. Ghalegaun’s way to the area of Annapurna and Manaslu at an altitude of 2100 m offers the best view.
This activity is extracting honey from cosmic bee stalks in cliffs 200 meters high using the traditionally weaved seam. Honey Hunting excursion will be a wonderful event to see this feat of honey experts. The cords are generally made of Niyalo or bambooChoya. And locals do this only by reading astrological calendars on favorable dates. The traditional Nepalese sweet hunting knowledge and skills are more interesting for tourists. The traditional livelihood remains to include Nepalese hunting.
Honey bee hives are awesome trekking routes from and to. Wild bee honey hunting in Nepal also enhances the beauty and magnificence of the Nepalese landscape. At the same time, tourists can enjoy the culture. It provides even more color to our pleasure. The honey-hunting trip is the most interesting opportunity to see the traditional manner in which wild honey is harvested and hunted.
No details found.
Your Plan1. Arrival day in Kathmandu Today is the first day of your travel today you will reach in Kathmandu and explore the local area of Kathmandu. Today our representative will do the brefing about Honey Hunting Trek.
Your Plan2. Diversion day in Kathmandu Today is the second of your trip, today you will get out for the sightseen of Kathmandu Valley which is very popular for cultural heritage sites.Kathmandu darbar square, Bouddhanath , Swyambhunath,Pashupatinath, Patan Darbar square, which is listed in UNESCO World Heritage sites; today we will explore these heritage sites and stay overnight at Kathmandu.
Your Plan3. Drive from Kathmandu to Khudi Early in the morning after having breakfast you will drive from Kathmandu to your honey hunting tour. After some hour of drive, you will reach in Vimal Nagar where you can visit Siddha cave which is the biggest Cave of Asia after You will reach to Khudi Village after 3 hour of drive. You will be warm welcome by the local people of Khudi Village, Today you will get change to see slide program of bee hunting ; hence stay overnight at Khudi Village.
Your Plan4. trek to Khudi to Base camp Thought it is the fourth day of your travel you will start our trek of Honey Hunting from the point of Khudi Base Camp. You see gorgious natural scane of beautiful Khudi Base Camp and stay overnight at Khudi Base Camp.
Your Plan5. Get ready to explore Honey Hunting Today you will see the thrilling honey hunting program at cliff. We will also see the Honey hunter pray before they start the hunting of honey, after you see the honey hunting program, return back to base camp and stay overnight at Base camp.
Your PlanToday you will get back to Khudi. On the way you will see the strem where you can swim as well.Also today you will go for the evening walk at the Bank of the Marshyangdi River and Khudi stream.
Your PlanDrive back to Kathmandu with beautiful view. After 7 hour walk you will get back to back to hotel or explore the local area of Kathmandu.
Your Plan8. Departure day Today is the day when you get back to your home place with lots of adventures and experience.
Included in the charge
• Airport/hotel/ airport pickup drop and local transfers
• Sightseeing/tour in Kathmandu with English speaking culture guide
• Accommodation in a 3-star label hotel in Kathmandu with breakfast
• Basic guesthouse accommodation during trekking in the mountains: everyday breakfast, lunch, and dinner during the trek
• All ground transportation as per the program by private/local vehicles
• All necessary trekking staff with experienced guide/leader, assistant guide/sherpa and porters to carry luggage (2 trekkers: 1 porter) including their salary, insurance, equipment, transport, lodging, and foodstuff.
• All our government taxes (tourist service charge & vat) and office expenses
• All required paper works; trekking permits or special permit
• Welcome and goodbye dinner
• Limited medical kit box
Not included in the cost
• International airfare
• Nepal visa fee (bring perfect US$ cash and two passport size photographs)
• If extra night accommodation in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure, early return from mountain (due to any reason) than the programmed itinerary.
• Altitude chamber (Pac) or oxygen, down jacket, four seasonal sleeping bag, duffel bag, trekking map, etc.
• Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu (and also in the case of early return from the trek than the scheduled itinerary)
• Travel and rescue insurance
• Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, battery recharge, extra porters, all kinds of beverages, bottle or bar bills boiled water, shower, heater, etc.)
• Optional trips and sightseeing if extended
• Tips for the trekking and tour staff (guides, porters and driver) note: tipping are expected
No Details Found