Upper Mustang -A ancient Kingdom Heritage is a limited area and up until 1992. It was prohibited for foreign visitors to enter the kingdom. Nowadays, tourist are welcome to Upper Mustang to get a entrance fee of US$ 500. It will legal for 10 days, every extra day for US$ 50.
- Trip Outline
- Cost Includes
- Cost Excludes
Upper Mustang -A ancient Kingdom Heritage lies on the early salt caravan route whereby individuals of Mustang exchanged Tibetan salt for grain in the lowlands. While November is still a wonderful time to dip in Mustang. People from this area will seasonal migration out of Lo-Manthang and surrounding regions will proceed to lower altitudes for the wintertime.
We can explore a couple of beautiful monasteries such as the Thugchen Gompa built in the 15th century. They founded a Monasteries to preserve this historical wisdom. For a trip beyond the Village, it’s possible to employ Tibetan ponies to get a ride to Chooser. Which you may pay a visit to a small monastery and a century-old cave residence located high in the stones. The area’s isolation from the external world has led to a highly maintained Tibetan civilization and unspoiled nature. Mustang lies at the rain shadow of the Dhaulagiri.
The handiest way to reach Upper Mustang would be to fly out of Pokhara to Jomsom and then begin the trek from that point. You comply with the famed Kali Gandaki River upstream, partially walking at the lake mattress, to Kagbeni. From Kagbeni the limited area of Upper Mustang begins. But it’s worthwhile to pay a visit to the renowned pilgrim destination of Muktinath before going north to Upper Mustang.
Although, it’s ideal to bring a day or 2 on every side of your itinerary for traveling. Entering Lo-Manthang throughout town gate is like stepping into another universe. A universe of narrow street manners, concealed chortens, long partitions of amazing prayer wheels and herds of farming. which creatures sauntering in from the areas in the day to adjourn for their sheds within the town.
Restricted area of Mustang
Upper Mustang is a limited area and up until 1992. It was prohibited for foreign visitors to enter the kingdom. Nowadays, tourist are welcome to Upper Mustang to get a entrance fee of US$ 500 (have to be organized by trekking agencies). It will legal for 10 days, every extra day for US$ 50.
After Muktinath, You cross the pass , which can be between 3,500 and 4,000 m. You are able to return partially another route via Dhakmar. Crossing two passes of about 4,200 m. Close to Dhakmar, you can locate the oldest Tibetan monastery on the planet. Lo-Monastery was constructed in the 8th century by the renowned botanical magician Guru Rinpoche.This bare landscape is dotted with obligations of whitewashed homes, barley fields. More ever, chortens festooned with prayer flags that add a dash of color to the landscape.
Nowadays lodging in guesthouses is potential across the entire trek. While staying there you’re welcome to sit together with all the owners at the kitchen. In Tibetan civilization, the kitchen in the middle of the home and constructed like a sort of living space.
• Day 1 Flight Kathmandu - Pokhara or drive 6-7 hrs
• Day 2 Flight Pokhara- Jomsom (2743 m), trek to Kagbeni (2810 m) 3 hrs. Possible roundtrip day trek from Kagbeni to Muktinath (3720 m) and back (6 hrs).
• Day 3 Kagbeni (2810 m) - Chele (3050 m) 6 hrs
• Day 4 Chele (3050 m) - Syangmochen (3800 m) 7-8 hrs
• Day 5 Syangmochen (3800 m) - Tsarang (3560 m) 7 hrs
• Day 6 Tsarang (3560 m) - Lo Manthang (3800 m) 4-5 hrs
• Day 7 Lo Manthang (3800 m). Rest day and explore heritage sites.
• Day 8 Day hike to Nyiphu and Garphu monasteries/caves and villages in the north of Lo Manthang.
• Day 9 Lo Manthang (3800 m) - Dhakmar (3820 m) via Ghar Gumba (Loghekar Monastery) 6 hrs
• Day 10 Dhakmar (3820 m) - Ghiling (3570 m) 6 hrs
• Day 11 Ghiling (3570 m) - Samar (3550 m) 6 hrs
• Day 12 Samar (3550 m) - Kagbeni (2810 m) 6-7 hrs
• Day 13 Kagbeni (2810 m) - Jomsom (2750 m) 3 hrs
• Day 14 Flight Jomsom - Pokhara - Kathmandu
• Day 15 Departure
Included in the charge
• Airport/hotel/ airport pickup drop and local transfers
• Sightseeing/tour in Kathmandu with English speaking culture guide
• Accommodation in a 3-star label hotel in Kathmandu with breakfast
• Basic guesthouse accommodation during trekking in the mountains: everyday breakfast, lunch, and dinner during the trek
• All ground transportation as per the program by private/local vehicles
• All necessary trekking staff with experienced guide/leader, assistant guide/sherpa and porters to carry luggage (2 trekkers: 1 porter) including their salary, insurance, equipment, transport, lodging, and foodstuff.
• All our government taxes (tourist service charge & vat) and office expenses
• All required paper works; trekking permits or special permit
• Welcome and goodbye dinner
• Limited medical kit box
Not included in the cost
• International airfare
• Nepal visa fee (bring perfect US$ cash and two passport size photographs)
• If extra night accommodation in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure, early return from mountain (due to any reason) than the programmed itinerary.
• Altitude chamber (Pac) or oxygen, down jacket, four seasonal sleeping bag, duffel bag, trekking map, etc.
• Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu (and also in the case of early return from the trek than the scheduled itinerary)
• Travel and rescue insurance
• Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, battery recharge, extra porters, all kinds of beverages, bottle or bar bills boiled water, shower, heater, etc.)
• Optional trips and sightseeing if extended
• Tips for the trekking and tour staff (guides, porters and driver) note: tipping are expected
No Details Found