Langtang Gosaikunda trek
Langtang Gosaikunda Trek is one of the holiest mountain lakes trek at an altitude of 4380 meters above sea level. Both Hindus and Buddhists pilgrims gather around this area every year especially on full moon day of August. They believe that if they take bath from the water of this lake they will be saved from their all sins done during that year. Both Hindus, as well as Buddhists, visit once in a lifetime in this lake.
For Langtang gosaikunda trek, you take a morning drive from Kathmandu to Syabru Bensi (Around 8 hours). At first, you follow the route to Langtang valley and Kyanjin Gompa. And then you take half of the previous route which diverts you to the way to Gosaikunda Lake. After visiting Gosaikunda Lake you will trek back to Dhunche until the bus station and return to Kathmandu. Langtang Gosaikunda trek is really worthy and fulfills your adventure appetite. In another word, Langtang Gosaikunda trek is incomparable combination of natural beauty and cultural riches.
1. Arrive in Kathmandu, we will take you in Hotel and we will provide the information about Langtang Gosaikunda, Today we will take you for the round of kathmandu which is famous for newari culture, we will take you to Basantapur Durbar square.
2. Drive to Syabru bensi by bus. We will take a local bus from bus station. We will pass from many small cities during our driving to Syabrubensi. When we reach to Dhunche (district headquarter of Rasuwa), if the weather is nice we can see the nice view of Ganesh Himal.
3. Today, We will start our trek by passing the Bridge of Trisuli River. We will follow the Langtang River; walking through the forest is an interesting part of trekking. During our hike, we will pass a small town like Pahiro, Bamboo, and stay overnight at hotel.
4. Trek to Langtang village ,we will walk slowly uphill today we can see some mountains such as Langtang Lirung, Naya Kang, and some others peaks. During our trek, we pass Gunachok, Thomna, Ghoratabela, Thyangsyap and then Langtang village which is the village of Tamang people. Hence, we can explore the tamang village rest of the day and stay overnight in Langtang village and enjoy your journey.
5. Trek to Kyanjing Gompa, we can see the beautiful view of mountains during the hike, most of the people from this village are Buddhist. During hike, we can see many Mani walls. The trail is much easier to Kyanjing Gompa. We can explore the rest of the day in Kyanjing Gompa aswell as cheese factory and stay overnight in Kyanjing Gompa.
6. Rest day explore around the Glacier, Today we can see views of Langtang Lirung, Naya kang, Lang shisha Ri, Penthang Karpo Ri and Dorje Lakpa and some others mountains. We have many choices of hiking It depends as your wish. Kyanjing Ri hiking, Tsergo ,we can explore the Langshisa kharka or glacier.
7. This day we will back to Langtang village, trail is all the way downhill. We will from Kyanjing Gompa to Hotel. It is the nice part of hiking . You can see some wild animal as well. The trail is all the way downhill. So we can do it in 7 hours from Kyanjing Gompa and stay overnight in Langtang village.
8. Trek to Thulo Syabru village, Bamboo to Pahiro is much easier. After walking a little bit from Pahiro. We climb up to the Thulo Syabru. Thulosyabru is the big village of Tamang people where we explore the rest of the day and enjoy the hikeanjoy your trip by staying overnight.
9. Trek to Laurebina, we start to climb on the rhododendron forest and pastures to the top of the ridge at Phoprang danda. We will continue climbing to another town is called Sing Gompa or Chandan Bari and then Lauribina, we can also see red panda also see the truly magnificent view of Annapurna, Manaslu, Ganesh Himal and some other peaks and stay overnight in laurebina
10. Trek to Gosaikunda, we will continue to climb to Gosaikunda and rest of the day we will explore Gosaikunda Lake.Saraswati Kund, Bhairav Kund, Gosaikunda, Dudh Kund( Milk lake), Chandra Kund (Moon Lake)and Ama Kund (mother lake) and Ragat Kund(blood Kund). These are the large lake of Gosaikunda. Gosaikund Lake has a black rock in the middle it has strong belive that it is the head of Shiva. according to allegory Shiva created this high altitude lake when he pierced a glacier with his trident (Trishul) to obtain water to quench his thirst after consuming poison gathered from the churning of the oceans ( the poison is the reason why Shiva is depicted with a blue throat). There is a white rock under the water which is said to be the remnant of an ancient Shiva shrine. It is also said that the water from this lake disappears underground channel and surfaces in Kumbeshwar pool, next to the Five-story Shiva temple in Patan, more than 60km away. Thousands of people come here to worship every year. Today we will stay here overnight.
11. Cross the pass and trek to Gopte, Passing three more small lakes; the trail reaches Lauribina La. We will spend some time to explore the surrounding hills for some fine views. Now, the trail descends down to Gopte. We have to stay overnight in Gopte
12. Trek to Kutumsang , we will start our trail from Gopte to Kutumsang which is a lot of up and downhill. When we reach Tharepati we can see the view of Dorje Lakpa and other peaks which is very beautiful scean to view. We will also hike through Magin Goth and then Kutumsang and stay overnight in Kutumsang.
13. Trek to Chisapani ethnic groups of this area are Sherpa and Tamang The trail is up and down. We hike through the rhododendron forest. Chisapani is magnificent viewpoint and stay overnight at Chisapani.
14. Today we will get back to Kathmandu from Chisapani and enjoy rest of the visiting Swyambhunath , Bouddhanath and stay overnight at hotel
15. Today is the day of departure when you get back to your country , today is the day you are going back to your home with lots of experience and adventures